Refits are an important and necessary part of yacht ownership. In order to achieve a successful refit, many key factors must be in place, one of which is a knowledgeable, trustworthy yacht manager or broker.
A yacht manager will be the liaison between the captain, yacht manufacturers and owner to ensure the refit is done to specification within the agreed upon time and budget. With their records of success and experience in the industry, your yacht manager or broker will be able to advise on the best yard and contractors to carry out the type of refit needed. Many of the duties they assume include.
• Reconnaissance and research.
• Yard and contractor evaluation.
• Negotiating quotes from yards and contractors.
• Advising on technical and design issues.
• Full-service project management.
• Class and flag state matters.